A type of academic dissertation writing known as a literature review demonstrates the writer’s familiarity with and comprehension of the body of scholarly work that pertains to a particular subject area.
A critical analysis of the material is part of what’s known as a literature review; this is one reason why the term “literature review” is preferred over “literature report.”
Film review articles are an excellent example of the distinction between reporting and reviewing.
In addition to the critic’s assessment, these articles typically offer a description or primary aspects of the film or programme. Literature reviews, like other academic writing, have two primary goals: to provide an overview of current research and a critical analysis of the undertaken study.
When medieval and early modern vernacular literature flourished in Britain, it became a powerful cultural and creative force. British literature has influenced many writers worldwide, including American and post-colonial authors.
English literature is older and more sophisticated compared to other countries. As a result, conducting a literature study in the United Kingdom is extremely difficult for students.
It is common for a literature review to be included in a dissertation, research project, or lengthy article. Literature reviews are common in all subjects of university exams.
Get 50% OffYour Good Grades Are Just A Click Away!
Your dissertation or maybe thesis will need you to do a literature review so that your study may be positioned within the context of prior studies. You may exhibit your knowledge of the subject matter and the academic setting when writing a literature review.
A theoretical framework and methodology will also be developed for your research. You’ll be able to figure out where you stand concerning other scholars and thinkers in this field. Your dissertation will be able to show how your work fills an existing void or adds to an ongoing discussion.
Additionally, you can be asked to prepare a literature review as an independent project in your course. As a student, you’ll need to demonstrate your understanding of the current controversies in your field of study.
For comparative purposes, the review serves to situate the research concerning prior studies.
An evaluation of the current literature on a specific topic is a critical overview and appraisal of the available information.
As a starting point, it serves as an introduction to the research project and serves as a reason for the study, a context for the research, a source of inspiration, and an outline for future research.
A researcher’s intellectual and practical abilities are enhanced when they undergo a literature review since it fosters a research mindset that encourages them to think critically.
Investing time and effort at this point can save a lot of time and confusion in the long run.
Reading the literature may also be utilised to compare alternative approaches to solving the same problem. This would aid the researcher in determining the strengths and weaknesses of the various approaches utilised. Researchers may be able to answer several issues if they do an extensive literature study.
What are the Important Steps in Writing a Literature Review?
Writing a literature review isn’t an easy task. A step-by-step approach is required to write a literature review for your dissertation.
1. Focus your research on a particular study area and choose your readings accordingly. Consider what you’re studying and select the topic. Consider what excites you and other experts in your area. You should meet with your professors, brainstorm, and examine lecture notes and current issues in relevant journals.
2. look for relevant literature Make a list of the requirements for the papers you plan to use, such as when they were published, the geographic area they covered, or the technique they used. Search a library’s online catalogue for relevant terms.
It is possible to find more relevant publications by consulting the recently published articles and reviewing reference lists. Include any research that casts doubt on your assumptions or conclusions.
3. Review the references you’ve chosen and give your thoughts on them. When conducting research, you will inevitably run into information overload. Thus, it is essential to choose which sources are the most relevant to your research issue. Verify the credibility of your sources and familiarise yourself with any landmark studies or critical theories in your area of study.
4. Look for trends and build subtopics to help organise the papers you’ve chosen. Consider the links and interconnections between the sources you have studied to begin constructing your literature review’s hypothesis. For example, based on your notes and readings, you can check for themes, trends, disputes, conflicts, inconsistencies, and gaps in knowledge and understanding.
This stage will assist you in organising the framework of your literature review and, if relevant, demonstrate how your study findings will add to the body of current knowledge.
5. Write a research statement or mission statement One or two sentences are necessary for you to summarise what you have learned from previous studies on your topic.
6. Start writing the work. Use the headings and subheadings you created before to organise your information. Make sure that each part logically connects to the previous and subsequent ones. Theorists and researchers should not be listed in alphabetical order in your sections.
7. Re-examine your work Take a look at the mission statements in each section. Your paper’s hypothesis would be unmistakable and rationally developed from beginning to conclusion if you were to read these phrases merely.
In each paragraph, you should include a topic phrase that summarises the essential aspects of your evaluation. Using an outline, determine where content needs to be added, deleted, or restructured in each work section.
Is there any way to get my literature review written effortlessly?
If you think the task of writing a literature review is hectic for you, then you can see help from professional academic experts to write your literature review. Getting help from a professional dissertation literature review is the best way to complete the task on time and without putting in loads of effort.
A dissertation literature review is an essential aspect of a university’s academic programme. There is a greater need to gather comprehensive, current literature from many nations or ethnic groups as a result.
Comparisons of various authors’ opinions, critical evaluation of the technique, the search for gaps in the research, etc., are some of the most challenging aspects of literature review. All of these complex issues need a thorough evaluation of the available research.
Relevant literature must be collected in this regard, including collecting relevant material from a wide range of sources, including empirical, historical, and philosophical literature. Performing a literature review is an essential aspect of any academic project.
Our goal at Assignment Global is to alleviate a load of academic research by providing services in this area to our specialists. We have Ph. D specialists on staff who will conduct literature reviews concerning the topic and construct the dissertation review part in great depth.
Assignment Global has a great deal of expertise in composing literature reviews for students in various dissertation study areas who need assistance. You can reach out to us and get help from our Ph.D. experts to write a unique and flawless literature review.